This policy governs our general approach to privacy and personally identifiable data. For the policy specifically governing our website, please click here.
What information we gather
Companies need information to thrive. For a start, they need to know who their customers and potential customers are in order to provide services and charge for those services. With that in mind, we collect and process the following information.
- Name: Whether you are a customer, or have emailed us with an enquiry (which we treat as a potential customer), we record your name so that we know who we are dealing with. If you sign up for our email mailing list, you will also have provided this information to us.
- Email Address: For customers or potential customers, we record this so that we are able to contact you regarding your service or enquiry. If you are a member of our email mailing list, we have this information so that we know where to send your messages to.
- Postal Address: If you are one of our customers, we collect your postal address so that we know what to put on your invoices. We don’t collect postal addresses for emailed enquiries unless you become a customer, or unless we produce a formal quote for you.
- Email Messages: Your messages to us and our messages to you are securely stored in our email archives and in our Customer Relationship Management system.
Third Party Locations
In some cases, your data will be transferred to a third party who provides a service to us.
- Our accounting system is based in the UK and uses encryption to keep your data secure.
- Our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system is based in the US and conforms to the EU-US Privacy Shield agreement governing data transfer outside the EU.
- Our email mailing list system is based in the US and conforms to the EU-US Privacy Shield agreement governing data transfer outside the EU.
- Our web server is based in the UK.
- Our email system is based in the UK.
In the case of customer records, we retain your information until the end of the 6th financial year after which we had any contact with you. This is necessary to be able to provide financial records for the length of time required by HMRC.
If you emailed us about some potential work, but never actually became one of our customers, your information will be kept for two years and then deleted.
If you are a member of our email mailing list, your information will be kept on the list indefinitely until such time as you choose to unsubscribe.
Get In Touch
If you have any questions about this policy or would like to avail yourself of your right to see the information we hold about you, please get in touch using our contact form.
Changes to this policy
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time.